Back home from an absolutely amazing festival and it’s time to deliver some words of gratitude to everyone involved in the gigantic task of making it happen.
To be honest we have mixed feelings about this weekend. On the one hand we are deeply grateful for being a part of it but on the other hand we’re brutally saddened for knowing that this was the final edition. It is really one of a kind and will be missed but we hope Ruud Lemmen and the rest of the organization continue this astonishing work in the nearest future!
It’s hard to find words to describe Neurotic Deathfest, its organization and to thank everyone we met this weekend but we’ll try:
- To Ruud Lemmen, thank you for the invitation and the confidence in our work. It was a pleasure to work with you! Keep up with the good work and don’t stop doing this.
- To the NDF and the 013 Poppodium staff (Production, Stage and Backline managers), thank you for the wonderful treatment. Everything was perfect!
- To the Infodesk bosses Rianne and Annemarie, thank you for the incredible efficiency!
- To the Neurotic DeathCHEF, thank you for the delicious dinner!
- To the drivers, thank you for your patience!
- To John Walker, Raquel Walker and Nicholas Barker (Liquid Graveyard), thank you for the great times and for the bong hits (eheh)!
- To our greek friends in Dead Congregation, thanks for the great times and for the brutal show! Neither ashes remained.
- To everyone that attended our show, thank you for the crazy reception. It was amazing to see such a crowded venue (absolutely packed) livin’ the show to the max.
- To Hugo Cirrose, Bob, Silvia and all our Portuguese friends, thank you for the wonderful times. It’s always great to see you.
It’s sad to know that this was the last edition of the festival but we are truly honored to be a part of its history.
Holland never let us down, and we’re sure it never will.
See you next time!
Photo by: Paul Verhagen